1. Touching Homeopathic Medicines: Do not touch the homeopathic medicines; do not take on to your palm before taking it, as handling of medicines reduces the potency of the medicines. It also spoils the medicines by exposing it to unhygienic conditions. Always take the medicines by using the cap of the medicine bottle or a plain paper. If you are going to use a paper then see to it that it does not contain any print. As ink can also spoil the medicine.
2. The half an hour rule: Do not eat or drink anything half an hour before and after taking the medicines. That means if you wish to take medicine at 10 o’clock then do not consume anything from 9.30 to 10; take the medicine on 10 o’ clock and then till 10.30 do not consume anything. The only exception to this rule is water. Drinking water is permissible after or before five minutes of taking the medicines.
3. Addictions: Do not smoke, chew tobacco, and drink alcohol while you are taking homeopathic medicines, as it may have nullifying effects on the medicines.
4. Coffee? A debatable topic when it comes to homeopathy. With recent research studies it has been explained that if you follow: not to have anything half an hour before and after the medicine rule then coffee does no harm even if you are taking homeopathic medicines BUT for some homeopathic medicines coffee acts as an antidote; as there are medicines prepared by using coffee in the crude as well as in the roasted form. That is why your homeopath will be a right person to guide you whether coffee will do or not along with the homeopathic medicines you are taking.
5. Onion, garlic, ginger and other strong smelling substances: Once you are following the half an hour rule then you can eat raw onion, garlic, ginger, and other strong smelling substances along with the homeopathic medicines.
6. Other dietary restrictions: It is not mandatory for homeopathic treatment to follow certain dietary restrictions exceptionally for homeopathic medicines. BUT for diseases like bronchial asthma, allergic rhinitis, gout, or the disease which the intensity of which increases after taking a certain food items you need to follow the dietary restrictions for some period till you start responding to the homeopathic line of treatment. Once you respond curatively to homeopathic line of treatment there is no need to keep on the dietetic restrictions. That is the actual cure what homeopathy gives.
7. Other medications:
Allopathic: if you are a blood pressure, diabetes, epilepsy patient and if you are taking certain medicines for longer period of time then it is not advisable to stop the medicines abruptly as you may encounter problems if you do that. Once you start responding positively to homeopathic treatment then your homeopath will advise curtail down of your medicines.
Ayurvedic: Most of the Ayurvedic medicines and homeopathic medicines have the same source only the preparation differs. Because of that it is better to confirm your doctor which Ayurvedic medicine (along with the contents of it) you are taking. If the medicines have adverse reactions to each other then your homeopath will advise you to stop the Ayurvedic medicines.