Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a condition that causes hormonal imbalances and problems with metabolism. Along with the treatment for PCOD and its related complications there are certain kind of food items that should be taken or avoided to manage this disease.
Diet that help manage symptoms of PCOD are;
- Food with low glycemic index; Fruits and vegetables like kale, spinach, green leafy vegetables,blueberries, blackberries, cherries, nuts (pine nuts, walnuts,almonds, pistachios) legumes, whole grains low carbohydrate diet.
- Include lean meat, fish (salmon,tuna,sardines and mackerel), poultry and low- fat dairy produce.
High fiber food
Foods to avoid in PCOD;
- Refined carbohydrates such as pastries and white bread.
- Fast food like pizza, burgers
- Sugary beverages and energy drinks
- High processed foods and meats like hotdogs, sausages etc.
Appropriately chosen food items have a very promising results on weight management and insulin resistance. Both (Obesity and Diabetes) of these conditions are very important to manage in PCOD. Insulin management plays a huge role in treatment of PCOD.
Healthy food choices alongwith regular exercise give promising results for PCOD patients in long way.
So, pull your socks up and choose a healthy, fit and organic lifestyle.