Suffering from PCOD ?
No worries……Homoeopathy has a solution .Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a health problem that affects 1 in 10 women of childbearing age. Women with PCOS have a hormonal imbalance and metabolism problems that may affect their overall health and appearance. PCOS is also a common and treatable cause of infertility.
Some of the symptoms of PCOS include:
- Irregular menstrual cycle. Women with PCOS may miss periods or have fewer periods (fewer than eight in a year). Or, their periods may come every 21 days or more often. Some women with PCOS stop having menstrual periods.
- Too much hair on the face, chin, or parts of the body where men usually have hair. This is called “hirsutism.
- Acne on the face, chest, and upper back
- Thinning hair or hair loss on the scalp; male-pattern baldness
- Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
- Darkening of skin, particularly along neck creases, in the groin, and underneath breasts
- Skin tags, which are small excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area.
Tests to diagnose PCOD
There is no single test to diagnose PCOS, the following tests are needed to diagnose and can guide in the future line of treatment.
- Physical exam. Measuring your blood pressure, body mass index (BMI), and waist size. Skin examination for extra hair on face, chest or back, acne, or skin discoloration. Hair loss, and examination of thyroid gland.
- Pelvic ultrasound (sonogram).
- Blood tests ; Hormonal tests(male and female hormones), Blood sugar levels, Thyroid hormones etc..
How PCOD impacts pregnancy ?
PCOS can cause problems during pregnancy for you and for your baby. Women with PCOS have higher rates of:
- Gestational diabetes
- Cesarean section (C-section)
How to treat PCOD
Along with metabolic disorder, PCOD is a lifestyle disorder as well;
A healthy and balanced diet alongwith exercise to keep obesity under control is very important and it helps manage PCOD. Refrain from refined ,high carb, diet. Fruits , green leafy vegetables, nuts, whole grain food etc help manage PCOD.
How Homoeopathy is Promising for PCOD.
Homoeopathy is an individualistic system of treatment, it considers emphasises on the whole personality of the patient. Many times patient has prolonged history of stress, or other underlying health conditions,Homoeopathy treats the root cause of the disease along with the present complaint. Homeopathy believes that the human body has been perfectly enabled by nature to keep itself disease free. It is only when the immunity or its own internal vitality is deranged that the body becomes incapable of keeping itself disease free. Therefore Homeopathy tries to restore the balance of that vitality. Once the vitality regains its original balance, it is able to nurse itself back to health without any external aid.
There are few medicines that are effective for treatment of PCOD;
1. Pulsatilla ; best remedy for PCOS with scanty and late menses.
2. Apis Mellifica :One of the best Homeopathic medicines for the treatment of PCOS with stinging pains When there are stinging pains in the ovarian region
3. Graphites- One of the best Homeopathic medicines for PCOS with constipation.
4. Sepia – One of the best Homeopathic remedies for PCOS with bearing down pains When the patient has bearing down pains from the back and abdomen, Sepia is one of the best homeopathic remedies for PCOS.
These are examples of few medicines, however the selection of medicine depends upon the severity of symptoms, duration of diseases and other complications accompanying PCOD.
If you are suffering from any of the symptoms mentioned above, you need to visit your doctor. Any irregularity in menses in terms of cycle length, duration of menses , quantity of flow, any accompanying symptoms must be noted.
Sometimes patient complain of rapid weight gain or hirsuitism as the only symptoms, appropriate investigations are needed to confirm the diagnosis.
Last but not the least Keep Calm, every problem has a solution. Your positive attitude, consistency towards treatment and disciplined lifestyle has a major role in achieving the cure.
Stay Healthy and take care